Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Feeling Better

I'm not on top form yet, but it could be worse.  I've spent far too much time flicking through YouTube.  I found this YouTuber, Kristine Kelly, who does videos about knitting.  I've only just discovered them, but I could get hooked.  There's usually a chat at the beginning, perhaps a book review and then all sorts of stuff.  Apparently you can get yarn made out of mink - that is, mink fur that has been combed from living mink that are not harmed in the process.  Well, I say not harmed but I've heard about how vicious mink are and while mink are not killed in the production of yarn made with mink fur, if one of those mink got hold of me I'd probably tap its nose. 

Kristine Kelly is a proper scientist at a university as well as a knitter.  She has a few videos about the scientific stuff surrounding the psychology of knitting which is interesting but one video really endeared her to me - this one, Do Dryer Balls Really Make a Difference?  She actually does the work on it, doesn't make assumptions but tests it out.  I love that in a reviewer.

I am ashamed I am late with this, and I offer deepest apologies, but there were times in the last week where it wasn't safe to put me in charge of a narrative.  However the latest installment of At the Sign of the White Hart is here and the story so far is here.  For those who are acquainted with the books, the Appucks have called in for a chat.  What could possibly go wrong? 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better - you tube is much better than day time TV when you are under the weather. I am still avoiding the dreaded lurgy but everyone around me is coughing and sneezing - how much longer can I hold out. Snowing madly here may not get to work tomorrow but could do with a day off so much to do and not enough time etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been incredibly lucky here, not much disruption. I really feel for you. Take care! LM x

      Delete