Pages

Monday 17 July 2023

Feeling Guilty

Nothing much is happening here. I feel guilty because I can't think of anything to say. I've sort of pottered. I've also got caught up in some writing stuff, which may have used up my words. I haven't even got a decent pic to share. 

Bear is doing okay. He did his washing today, and will apparently be out for the next few days. I have no idea.

DH is also doing okay. He had a day off and is looking much better for it. 

I've actually been pottering around in the kitchen. I've been looking at cupboards and considering whether I actually need stuff or whether I can get rid. I plan to go out on Wednesday which leaves me tomorrow to find all the stuff I can to take to a charity shop. I can load up the car during tomorrow and get out early. One of the things that I'm getting rid of is our salad spinner. It has never, ever been used. I'm looking at unused jars and containers that I bought but aren't using. They may as well go to someone that will appreciate them, if they're fit, or get thrown out. I also plan to ransack my cupboards. If I'm unlikely to use it soon then I'm donating it to the food bank. I feel the need to get rid of stuff and I've been poking into cupboards that haven't been sorted for a while.


This a pic from this time last year. It was 42C. The rest of Europe is suffering right now, but I'm wearing a sweater. What a topsy turvey world.

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. No need to feel guilty! You've been doing what is important to you and we all need a short break from doing all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like that with the blog writing sometimes. Usually during quiet times I think about an interesting post I could write and when I get around to it....blank. Nothing. Lol. I usually end of writing about my Uneventful Life - ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd, isn't it? Some days are full of words and some days it's just tumbleweed

      Delete
  3. I'm in a 'getting rid' mood, too, but not actually doing anything about it. I was remarking earlier to my husband that this time last year was broiling. I don't wish it to be hot again, but a little more warmth wouldn't go amiss, especially in the foot area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have a blanket on standby at the moment

      Delete