Pages

Sunday 23 July 2023

Quiet Sunday

I need to work on bear's eating habits. I was somewhat surprised that he demolished a huge plate of beef casserole with an ample helping of mashed potato and still felt hungry, but then I remembered that he hadn't bothered with lunch. I'm trying to encourage him to make more meals for himself, especially as he drives me scatty with his preferences, and as DH is out at the time, I asked him to get something for himself as I was just having toast. I need to work on this. Bear needs to eat, but I suspect he won't be bothered. I need him to not put all the thinking onto me, as he's had me on my knees with working out what he'll eat, but I can see that I'll be doing a lot of reminding. As it was, I've reminded him about things like laundry, transferring it from washer to dryer and taking it upstairs. It's a work in progress. 

I was quite proud of the casserole - cook from frozen beef, pickled onions, chopped onion from freezer, chopped mushrooms from freezer, chopped celery from freezer, carrots (rest of bag put in freezer) with a bouquet garni in a teabag, worcester sauce and a generous helping of gravy granules. I'm putting bargains in the freezer and I'm also using them up. The men very much enjoyed it and hoped fervently that it would turn up again next Sunday. I'm running a little low on celery so I'll keep an eye out for celery that's marked down. 

I remembered to take pics of me re-knitting the blanket that I finished a little while ago.


DH says that it looks a little cannabalistic. This is the old blanket which I don't think works


And this is the new pattern - knit three rows, purl one row, knit three rows, twisted drop stitch one row. 



I think it will make the yarn go a little further. I'm also using much bigger needles - 7.5mm instead of 5mm. It's hard to tell with the way that the yarn is dyed, but it's a lot more open and squidgy and I think it will still be warm but a lot more flexible. btw I decided not to unravel the blanket but just knit and pull the yarn out as I went along. It was fairly straightforward knitting and the yarn isn't the stuff that splits, and so far it's been fine. It feels a little odd, though and I'm not sure that I'd do it that way again. 

I'm determined to get the yarn stash a little lower, and I plan to watch Sweden v South Africa on catch up while I crack on with the new blanket. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment