Pages

Thursday 27 July 2023

It Was Fine

I'm having all sorts of problems with my computer at the moment. Something is happening to the font size, but I'm only getting it on some places and not others. I can't read my writing blog, for example. My posting may get even more erratic. I feel seasick. 

Bear was fine. They didn't get a prize but he had a good time and someone's mum was there. I had a nightmare waiting for him and picking him up as the sat nav took me through all the awkward back roads. I nearly turned into three separate home drives as I was trying to pick him up. I need to get used to it - he's going again next week.

All is normal here. It's been lovely and quiet and I've revelled in it. I watched the Sewing Bee final, which was amazing. The final made to measure was stunning, but I thought it was an incredibly hard ask. I would think that many professional tailors and dressmakers would find it a challenge. 

Now I am going to back away from the computer until my stomach settles down. 

Hugs and good health to all. 


6 comments:

  1. Glad you did alright with the drive and he had a good time. I don't like driving at night and the sat nav - sigh. I wish there was a setting for the most direct-proper-road route and it didn't take me down dirt roads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And I even clicked to use a route that was nice and straightforward, if a tiny bit longer, and it still took me down all the dark corners!

      Delete
  2. Glad it turned out well. I usually look up driving directions online before I go somewhere new to me and check the map. I like to have an idea of where I am going and I prefer maps to being told where to turn, etc.
    Hope you feel better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I study the map. I thought I knew which way I was going and clicked on that route on the sat nav. The dratted thing had other ideas, though, and took me through complicated places. I'm studying that map harder lol!

      Delete
  3. Computers are wonderful until they're not. I had editing marks all over my writing yesterday - you know, back to front Ps and so on - but managed to sort it out. I don't know how they occurred - wayward fingers, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm old enough to remember a time before computers. They are a seriously real help - until they aren't! It's still driving me mad.

      Delete