Pages

Monday 30 September 2024

There's Been a Delivery

Jo - the plant is a fuschia. There are hundreds of varieties of fuschia in existence. Some are small with fat pink flowers. Others have dainty crimson and purple flowers. As far as I can tell, the nearest type to this is the variety known as Tom Thumb, but it's only supposed to get to two feet tall. Gladys, my fuschia, towers over me every year no matter how much I cut it back. It was planted by my father, however, and he had form for growing giant fuschis from what were supposed to be small pot plants. When I was tiny, he planted a 'small' fuschia that had to be hacked back twice a year so we could use the path and it cracked a sewer pipe. Here's an older pic that gives a slightly better view.


Bless - thank you. Bear remains calm, which is more than I'm managing. 

I've shopped at Temu. I'll be honest, I view it as a type of gambling, like putting a bet on a horse. I'm not against betting on horses, and if I could find a betting shop and work out how to place a bet, I would possibly bet on a horse with the prettiest name but it's unlikely. My form of gambling is shopping at places like Temu. I have concerns, but I shop using my laptop which has lots of anti virus stuff on it and I pick up stuff that I can't find over here. There are some serious temptations, but I work hard to limit myself. Today's parcel included some fancy dice for bear for Christmas and a couple of notebooks. 

The first is a cleaning notebook. I thought I'd do my best to follow that and hopefully I'll gradually get the home into shape. 


There will be plenty of times that I don't do what's on the list, or do more, or branch out and do something completely different. For example, I'm never going to meal prep. That has never worked well for me and I'm going to ignore the note for me to prep on Sunday. On the other hand, it's a framework and I'll take all the help I can get.

The other notebook is a planner. I thought it would only be a notebook divided into hourly blocks so that I could hopefully plan out what I'm doing, but it's more. There are pages about setting goals and making plans. If I work hard at sticking to that, it will help me direct my attention where it needs to go. Once I've got through the notebooks (if I can manage to stick to them), I hope that I'll be in a good place to keep going and use habits that I've developed. 




I keep thinking that they're a waste of money because I can just make lists, but if they give the slightest bit of help then it will be absolutely worth it. I'll share how it goes.

One thing that I'm not doing today is anything in the garden. It's cold, wet and miserable. Today is definitely an indoor kind of day. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment