Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Bear is being a Geologist

I suppose it is normal for seven-nearly-eight but bear has decided he wants to collect stones.  He and his pal spent a large portion of yesterday digging bits of brick and slag out of the road (meteorites and granite to bear and his pal) and then washing them.

I did my best to be a good mother and let them use a plastic bowl that they kept in the bath.  By the time I had brought up rags to dry the stones they were already dried on the good bath towel (on its second wash as I type) and were looking very pleased with themselves.  The bathroom looked like it could be ploughed for cabbages it was so muddy.

I wish it was a new thing, but bear has always had a habit of picking up stones.  He has not shown any great insight, but he does have a good helping of wishful thinking.  I now have a large bucket of stones in the garden which I don't have the heart to move.

There is always a bright side, though.  I have been wondering what to get bear for Christmas/birthday along with the Doctor Who stuff.  I can see some geology stuff heading to his gift mountain.  It will make a change.  I am off to investigate ebay (who is my friend).

No comments:

Post a Comment