Pages

Friday 1 September 2023

Knitting Has Happened

I went out to do some knitting in the car park. I wasn't happy with the scarf.


The side was turning in and it seemed too thin.

I looked at it and decided that I didn't want to keep going, so I unravelled it and started knitting with 3x3 rib.


But it seemed very thin and scrunched up. I didn't want to be blocking it as it was all acrylic so I wasn't sure that it would be any good. So I cast on one less stitch and tried broken rib (one row knit, one row 1x1 knit) and it looks so much wider and flatter.



I had a nice time. Here is a pic of what it looked like just after a squirrel passed through.


It raced through with a massive conker in its mouth and a furtive expression. 

I also had a very little walk. I found this path.


I nearly fell going down here. There were steps and one step was about twice as deep as the others - I grabbed the handrail just in time. And there has been some storms, though nothing like they've seen in the USA.


And here is the view about thirty seconds after a squirrel passed through with a sense of urgency.


The squirrels were looking quite slim. I hope that they'll be okay as autumn is coming up. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. The broken rib version looks very nice. I have never mastered the art of knitting on circular needles, although I have two or three of them that had been my mother's. I hope the squirrels are able to collect enough acorns and such for their winter food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love circular needles because I can't lose the other one. I'm more used to them now, but I've used straights plenty of times. I think it's a matter of what you get used to.

      Delete
  2. It's definitely coming up to scarf season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm digging out the shawls. I even wrap myself in blankets, given a smidgeon of a chance.

      Delete