Pages

Tuesday, 4 August 2026

A Few Drops of Rain

We had a few drops of rain this morning. As my back was hurting, I let them chase me in, but I managed a few minutes in the garden.



Posting pictures on here is keeping me going, so I hope that they aren't getting on your nerves.

We're not due for a lot of rain, but at least we're getting some, and I'm grateful for it. The drought is worrying, and it makes it hard to remember that at the start of the year the UK had six weeks with rain every day. I said that if there was a drought then I'd want to see the receipts, and I'm not changing my mind on that. There has to be some investment in water management. It's why I'm still trying to keep growing things (even weeds) instead of just concreting everything - we need places for the water to go and we need plants to keep a little moisture in the air. 

Apart from that, I was stuck with something of a headache, so I pottered very gently. I hope to have more to talk about tomorrow.

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. I'd post about whatever keeps you motivated! Sometimes that's why I write blog posts, especially when doing accountability as I know I have to keep going!
    Hope the headache went away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The headache wound down, thank you.
      Just keeping motivated is something.

      Delete
  2. We had a good torrential downpour last night. I'm sure that I could hear the garden slurping it up. It'll have an explosion of growth now. Hope all your aches and pains settle down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need the rain so much! I think I'm going to have to put in extra shifts if the rain settles in here.

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better now, Lyssa. We have had a sprinkling of rain - literally just a few drops. There's quite a strong breeze blowing so maybe we'll have some more, but I'm not holding my breath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a little rain, but we could really do with more. I'll be glad when the dry spell is over!
      The headache faded, thank you, and I was glad to see the back of it.

      Delete