It's been a strange sort of day. My back is giving me fits, so I've not done much physical stuff. I took in a delivery and it nearly finished me off. Bear would normally help, but he got a call to meet up with friends. I'm not going to stop him. Even in these days of social media and smart phones with group chats, it's hard to keep up friendships over distances. The invitation took bear a little by surprise, but I may find out more about what he got up to when I see him - apparently some time tomorrow.
This meant that nothing further got done in the garden, but I'll have a go tomorrow. Bear may or may not be in a state to help when he gets in. I have no idea what he'll be doing, but he's an adult and a sensible one, so I'll let him get on with things.
Writing stuff - I feel like I've been working hard with the writing stuff, but I don't feel that I have much to show for it. I've been dotting between tasks and one thing that caught my erratic attention was transferring some of the files from my laptop to my PC. There are all sorts of goodies that I'd forgotten, and now my 'to-write' pile is even bigger!
While I was rummaging, I found a story that I must have written around ten years ago. I tried to submit it, but the story was rejected, and I sort of forgot about it as it was a short story that had nothing spooky or weird about it, just a sweet little tale. There's not much to it, and it's never been on any of my blogs, and I don't want to spend time looking for a place to send it. I remembered that people were posting extremely short pieces on Amazon, so even though this is just shy of 2400 words, I published it.
I didn't go all fancy about it. I got the cover from Canva and had a couple of read throughs rather than a rigorous edit, but here it is, An Inexpensive Ring.
I put it at the cheapest price possible and on Kindle Unlimited, because I can't bring myself to price things high for a short story. If I find more like that, I'll put them up and see how it goes. As you can see, I've used the Fireside pen name for this. It seems unfair to publish it as Lyssa Medana and have readers expecting werewolves and magic and instead getting a sweet story with a couple of mischievous kittens and the threat of a mother-in-law's visit.
Hugs and good health to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment