Pages

Monday, 3 August 2026

Another Five Minutes

I didn't spend long in the garden, and I concentrated on the other side of the house. I went out a little too late in the morning and I was too warm, and my back was hurting too much in the evening, but I managed a little. From this:


To this:


It wasn't much, but at least it was something, and I filled a bin bag with weeds. I also need to practise taking pics from the same place each time to give a fair idea. I may concentrate on this side this week as I need to hack my way through, possibly with a machete, to where the honeysuckle is growing up the drainpipe, which can't be good..


I'm pleased that I made it out to the garden again. I'm hoping that if I keep going, it becomes a healthy habit. 

I also went through my Lyssa Medana email and got rid of something like 1500 emails. There were a lot of old writing stuff that has no bearing on anything, so I could get rid of those. I also got rid of emails that I'd promised myself that I would read and were no doubt full of useful hints and tips, but that were more than two years old. 

Bless mentioned corned beef being expensive in her local shops. I wouldn't say corned beef was cheap but it's not bad for something shelf stable and that is sometimes on offer. That hash had dehydrated onions in as I was hoping to use some up, and I guess the cost was around £4, as it was a big tin of cheap potatoes. It was two good portions that I could have stretched to three, especially if I'd eaten the has with baked beans or similar. Anyway, I have a delivery tomorrow and I'll see what I can come up with for fresh potatoes. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy you got to spend time in the garden. Being in nature is so therapeutic...well, for myself it is, and I hope it was for you as well. I wish you good health and happiness. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting into nature has made a significant difference. I find it incredibly calming, and knowing that I've done just a little bit makes me feel so much better. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Before and after pictures are a great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that they're going to be my lifeline!

      Delete
  3. Well done with the garden clean up. Those 5 minute sessions add up and you'll see a noticeable difference after just a few sessions. Well done on deleting the old emails, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see those few minutes making all the difference. Thank you for your encouragement. It means a lot.

      Delete
  4. I'm actually afraid to take photos of my craft room for my would-be clean-up as I am too embarrassed. Even if you just take the before and after for yourself that's something!
    Everything is expensive over here. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prices are tough everywhere, I think.
      There are a lot of places that I'm not sharing in my home, but I may take those pics for me. As you say, that will be something.

      Delete