Pages

Thursday, 24 September 2026

Feeling Sad

It looks like we are going to have to give up on our car. There's something interesting gone wrong with the clutch and In n Out can't easily fix it. They could replace it, but it gets complicated with the AA guarantee where we just pay them £35 under the policy and they cover repairs. They are likely to insist on repairs, which means that the poor car would have to be towed to a specialist garage, and it may be written off anyway. When DH was talking with a dealership about a new car, we were offered £150 part exchange. This may have been generous. Anyway, I can't see a repair costing less than double that. 

It's ridiculous. I just wanted to cry after talking to the garage. But it's the first and only car that I've driven on my own, and I'm going to miss her so much. 

I'm currently in full mope mode, and I'll allow myself to wallow tonight. Then I can look forward to learning how to drive a different car.

Here's the first pic of red that was ever posted on my blog, back in April 2019. 

So much has happened since then, and that car is stuffed with memories. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry you will have to let go of your car! (((HUGS))) Give yourself time to mourn your loss and then, start looking forward to a new car. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hugs - they're very much needed!

      Delete
  2. Parting with your first car ( in my case a near-lethal Sunbeam Stiletto with no road holding and liable to go straight for a ditch at every opportunity) is always a wrench...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help but feel silly, but it was my car first, and it was my space, and I'd hide in it somewhere when I was feeling overwhelmed, and it was a little bit of sanctuary to knit in the rain. That Sunbeam Stiletto sounds like it was a learning curve when you started driving it!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, that is a shame. I have always admired the colour of your car. I know exactly what you mean. I just paid £2000 to get my little car through it’s MOT which was extremely unexpected and unwelcome but I wasn’t quite ready to say goodbye to it yet. You have my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - there have been so many things building up, and we paid over £700 at the start of the month as it is. It's just not plausible to save it.

      Delete
  4. I remember when you were learning to drive. It feels like only a year or two ago. How quickly time flies. Take a photo and pop it in a frame.

    ReplyDelete