Pages

Tuesday, 22 September 2026

It's Not My Birthday (Again)

My writing name has a birthday today. Facebook asked for it when I set up the page so I made up a date and it's sort of spread since then. I'm hiding from Facebook because there's usually loads of notifications, and last year I got locked out of Facebook for thanking too many people for birthday wishes. It feels even odder, because I think I've met two or maybe three people on my friend list for the writing name and I have over three thousand friends! Or perhaps 'friends'. Some are people that I talk with regularly, some are accidental friends or people chasing business or just awesome people that I don't know very well. I feel guilty because lots of lovely people are sending me good wishes and I don't deserve them. 

I've also not caught up with the blogs. Blogger has finally started playing nice to give me my usual links, and I've decided that I'm going to set a time, settle down with a nice cup of tea and enjoy myself. 

I've not done much today, and I've done less worth taking a pic, but here is a view of my latest impulse buy - an orange shaped candle.

It's from Morrisons and it smells ORANGE!!!! and I'm sure that I'll find a use for the container at the end. 

The car is still in the garage. They're getting to it, but they're busy, and I guess that ours isn't an urgent repair. We don't do a school run and DH works from home, and I get so much delivered that we can manage. I still feel out of sorts about it. I guess we're going to have to go car shopping sooner than we had planned.

It doesn't help that I'm missing bear. I thought I'd get used to it, but he's been great company over the summer, and now he's not here. I'll be counting down to the Christmas holidays.

Writing stuff - first THANK YOU to everyone who has bought my book. I cannot tell you how much of a hug it feels, and I hope that you can enjoy them. 

The last but one instalment of The Guest is here (on Blogger) and here (on Wordpress). For those who missed it, I've an article here about some changes I'm making when I publish, and I'm feeling quite a few changes in the air - hopefully less than the chaos I unleashed by switching over blogs. I'll keep everyone updated.

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. I've just finished reading your Ghost stories book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Tony is going to read it next then it'll go on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad that you enjoyed it - I had such fun writing the stories. Your encouragement means a lot, so thank you again.

      Delete
  2. I've not been on Facebook or Instagram for maybe a year or so now... I know I'm missing out on on family news and chit chat, but I'm also gaining hours in my days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a lot of 'writing stuff connections' on Facebook, but I tend to dash in and check for messages, like the first post that I see and like, then dash out.
      Instagram is becoming a problem. I've only just got into it, for the Strictly posts, and it's becoming a bit of a time sink. I think that you've done the right thing to avoid them!

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely candle! I hope your car gets repaired soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking forward to the candle. It smells so refreshing even before being lit.

      Delete