Pages

Thursday 2 November 2023

I May Actually Be Poorly

I forgot to pick up salad for DH and pasties for bear. I never forget all that stuff. I'm really mindful of the things the men need. But I forgot the salad and the pasties. My mind is currently just about blank. I'm not thinking like I should. I'm not in pain, I just feel like I'm not quite with it. 

This morning I found my handbag in the car where I had left it overnight. I took this pic.


This is Gladys in her glory. The flowers, once they got going, have been rampant. You may notice that there are no ripe fruits in the pic. It's not for lack of pollination. Rather, the sparrows have been stuffing their beaks as soon as they're available. 

And that's one reason that I'm not ready to clear out the garden before spring. There must have been a dozen sparrows on and around the bird feeder this afternoon. The seeds had been almost completely cleared and I think that rules out raids by squirrels. My tiny garden is a resource. In the past I've complained about how many flies there are, but there are a lot like hover flies and bumble bees and not just miscellaneous buzzing things. I know we had a toad once, but I haven't seen anything like that for a while.  

I suppose I should dispose of the gravestones soon, but I kind of like the look of them.

Now is probably a good time to catch up with some knitting. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. If you are on antibiotics, that might explain why your mind is foggy and you are forgetful. I think it is a sign that you need to rest! Gladys is lovely and yes, your garden is a resource to wildlife. :) Enjoy your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point - I'm taking it easy, unlike the sparrows that are zipping around the garden like their tail feathers are on fire lol

      Delete
  2. So sorry you aren't doing well. I think sometimes we're so busy taking care of the people around us that we forget to take care of ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I weakened and asked bear to get something for me from the kitchen. I normally never do that. I must be more tired than I thought.

      Delete
  3. Hugs, hope you are feeling more yourself soon. The flowers are glorious. We are already into winter here with six inches of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - Glady really does put on a show. Six inches of snow is too much for me - I would collapse! In this area, buses and shops come over all faint at the first snowflake!

      Delete