Pages

Friday 24 November 2023

It's Getting Cold

I've noticed that it's getting a lot colder and the weather forecasts are forecasting a non-zero chance of snow. Gladys usually thrives until the first frost, so we will see how it goes. 

I got out of the house twice but it wasn't a total win. The first time I left it was to put petrol in the car. I was planning on driving to Tesco afterwards but didn't feel able. The second time was to go to Aldi for salad stuff and bagels but only went to the nearest one. Still I saw this. 


I'm not sure if it's for sale or a decoration, but I kind of wanted it. DH would probably be unimpressed.

Bear had a sort of day off type thing. He wasn't in college but he had online meetings about something. I'm not exactly sure what that something is, but it's complicated, mathematical and he has explained it to me. I didn't understand the explanation, but I don't blame him. The conversation had some strange mathematical words in that he knew what they meant but I really didn't. 

I start the new plan on Monday. There's a page for each day of the week and, for example, Tuesday has an entry that reminds me that the bins need to go out for collection and it's a good day to clear out the fridge, Sunday has a reminder that it's bear's day to use the washing machine etc. I have a page for stuff that really should be done once a week but aren't tied to a particular day and I've got another page for stuff that should be done most months, but aren't tied to a particular time. I'm taking it as aspirational and not something that's locking me in, and I can alter them if I need to. But today I did a couple of things that needed to be done, so I'm happy. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. If you do get that green gnome, it could do double duty on St. Patrick's Day, with perhaps a clover leaf pinned to him, somewhere!
    I hope the new plan works out well for you. Give yourself permission to tweak it as needed to make it work for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm taking the stuff I've done as a first draft and I'll take it from there.

      Delete
  2. I love it! I probably would have tried to sneak it in the house, though I'm pretty sure even husband would notice that! It was -5 here this morning. I'm not ready for the cold. I had to get out my big big coat to go for a walk this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't cope with those sort of temperatures! Sending warm hugs

      Delete
  3. Wishing you all the best with your new plan next week - I struggle with routine like you, and domesticity more broadly. Are you familiar with UFYH (Unf*ck Your Habitat)? Definitely worth looking into, it really encourages you to be kind to yourself and realistic about what works for you and your lifestyle/ needs/family.
    I'm in need of a good reset this weekend and will join you in trying something a little more organised next week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll look into UFYH. I seem to remember looking at that in the past, but for some reason I don't remember it sticking. Good luck next week!

      Delete