Pages

Saturday 18 November 2023

My Eyes are Doing Fine

When I went back this morning, my eyes were a lot better. Last night I was told that the pressure in eyes is normally 10-20 (of whatever, not sure). Last night my eyes were 24 and 28, which was a little concerning. Glaucoma, with permanent damage to the nerves in the eye is around 60. Today my eyes were in the 'acceptable' range. 

Full disclosure - I had a little panicky moment when they were checking, but it went from 'this may be a cause for concern' to 'this is not urgent and we can just monitor' as there is something that could cause problems - I can't remember the name of it but there's an opening in the eye that is a little narrow in my case. So some time in the next two weeks I will trundle along and get treatment where they put a hole in my iris to allow them to get a good pic of the back of the eye. 

I felt a little frazzled afterwards so I went to look at the Beckett Street Cemetery afterwards. I only had a little look because my back hurt, there were a lot of leaves and the paths weren't clear. It was opened in 1845 and there were a lot of interesting gravestones. However there had been storm damage and I saw a lot of graves looking jumbled and displaced with a large tree trunk on top of them. 

I took a few pics. 





I shall have to go again when it's easy to walk around. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your eye pressure is within acceptable range and they will monitor it with a follow up visit. The cemetery looks like an interesting place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be able to spend some more time with it when the weather is better. It's one of the earliest non-church graveyards and I suspect that there are a lot of sad stories as what is now the site of the hospital had a workhouse on there. I'll share what I find.

      Delete