Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2024

Catching Up

 I was supposed to come back a couple of days ago but I got distracted. 

The candle - I left it outside on a cold night and when I brought it back in, the wax was really loose in the container. I thought it proved Jean's tip and was planning on making space in my freezer (my freezer is stuffed and the jar is massive) but DH attacked it with a knife, bent the knife but got all of the wax out of there. Citronella wax shavings are all over my garden and I have a lovely jar thanks to DH.

Aldi were selling off Christmas cake boards for 69p a throw.


It's as good a time to stock up as any, I guess. 

I've sort of been pootling around. The progess has been microscopic but I've been going imperceptively forward, and that has to count. 

Bear has agreed that I can make the overnight oats for him for breakfast. This means he can fall out of bed, grab the pot with the overnight oats in, race onto the bus (if it comes) and then eat when he gets to college and his stomach has woken up. He's currently neck deep in stress about exams, so I'm being nice to him.

I've picked up a hobby of watching traffic. Every now and then I click onto Google Maps and choose the 'traffic' layer. I don't know if this works outside the UK, but I can see how busy roads are, where the roadworks are and whether there's an accident. There was a string of four accidents just down the road from us, though I'm hoping they were all just slight dints. It's helped me avoid some awful hotspots, but I forgot to check and had to edge my way through a lot of parked cars when Leeds United were playing at home last night.

Writing stuff - I'm trying to get some focus on this. There are two short pieces from the White Hart - Qualified Success and Unrequited Love - and a short piece about me and trying to track characters. I'm completely failing to stick to the word limit for the writing prompt, but I'm having a lot of fun. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments: