Pages

Sunday 10 March 2024

I Finished Something!!!

I felt like I should do a lap of honour around the study.

I had almost finished knitting a blanket ages ago. I was on the final stretch, then I put it aside and it's just been a huge lump next to my chair. Today I finished it.




It's around 44 inches by 40 inches (very roughly 112cm by 102cm) and is 600g of DK yarn from an Aldi sweater kit knitted with two strands on 8mm needles. It is wonderfully squidgy and warm and snuggly. I thing it works out at £7.50. 

I have a gazillion and four blankets scattered all over. I'll take a risk and say that my plan is to concentrate on the blankets and big sweaters until the weather gets warm, then I can switch to using the lovely yarn that was donated and my lucky box and make scarves and hats for the Seaman's Mission - although I have about two or three inches to go on the nice garage man's scarf and I need to get that finished, but it's in the car and I can't face going out to it right now. I'm also building in knitting time to relax me before bed. 

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. DH made a tasty dinner and bear got me a lovely candle and card. He turned up just before lunch and has been an absolute sweetheart. 



It's guava and mango and smells incredible. I'm thinking of keeping the lid to use as something like a coaster. 

Hugs and good health to all. 


4 comments:

  1. Yay! Well done finishing the blanket! It looks lovely and I like the colors. Enjoy your new candle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the finish! It's really lovely

    ReplyDelete