Pages

Saturday 9 March 2024

Finally Something Happened.

I have a bunny shaped flower holder that I accidentally bought in Tesco.


DH finds it terrifyingly sinister. I think that it's because it took him by surprise. 

Tesco aren't in my good books at the moment. I had an order booked to be delivered between 3pm and 4pm. 4pm is when DH and bear traditionally have their Saturday afternoon meal and we had to leave the house between 4.45pm and 5pm to get bear to his party. I was dropping him at a nearby Morrisons because, well...


I admit nothing, but don't want to share it with his friends. DH has some paint on order.

Bear's party was the other side of Huddersfield. A party 20 miles away may not seem a lot to some, but it took an hour to drive. It's closer to Marsden Moor than it is to Huddersfield and some of the roads had stretches that had me thinking are you kidding me? At one point bear said that it was a nice view over the steep drop next to me, but the road was pretty twisty and the stone wall that stood between me and a nasty drop had a lot of gaps where it looked like cars had already hit so I kept my eyes on the road. It was a seriously twisty road and had a speed limit of 50mph which I absolutely stuck to! Mind you, I think that I ended up in a bus lane on the way back and I hope that I don't end up in trouble. 

But back to the Tesco order - there was absolutely no sign of it for ages. I can normally track it on an app (to see whether I've got time to, for example, put on a load of washing) and it just wasn't appearing. I didn't get my receipt emailed to me either. After 4pm I rang and the poor operator couldn't work out what was happening, so I cancelled. This meant that I had to pick up the stuff for Mother's Day on the way home from dropping bear off which I didn't appreciate. And I got a call from the Tesco driver when I was just outside Holmfirth who wasn't told that the order was cancelled and didn't know what to do with a delivery to an empty house. I can't complain too much. They're normally very good and I got a £10 voucher for my trouble. I was just glad to get in - and DH was an absolute hero! He put all the stuff away for me and I was desperately grateful. 

Bear was worried that he won't be here on Mother's Day morning, but I said that he made me feel valued all year round so I wasn't complaining. He's also getting the bus home, to my utter relief. 

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. The rabbits on the planter look like they are enjoying a nibble of those flowers they are holding! :D
    Oh, your poor car!
    Too bad about the Tesco delivery order, but, it sounds like you got everything sorted out, eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really cute planter and I couldn't resist

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, poor you.. yes we too get a bit worried if our order is late, altho usually its early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours is usually early as well. It was such a nuisance.

      Delete