Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2024

Sew Far, Sew Good

I've been very hit and miss over the last few days. I think the rabbit on the front step has been plucked.


It's nesting season, a lot of small birds are used to coming in the garden even without the bird feeder and the fibres seem very tempting. All I know is that it's getting more and more ragged every day. 

The curtains in the living room have been hung.


That was taken at midday and they are doing an okay job of blocking out the light. I tried to line the study curtains but realised that was was just not up to wrestling with a total of eight square metres per curtain plus interlining and that it would be okay if I gave up. I checked on the label, it turns out that the king sized duvets are longer than standard so they over hung the radiators when DH and bear put them up.


The window is 90 inches by 76 inches, which needs a fair amount of fabric. I plan to try to turn them up tomorrow. 

I've had a go turning one of the pillowcases into a bag. I know that there are all sorts of fancy things that I could have done, but I didn't do them. Instead I got some ribbon and cord and aimed for the basics. I sewed a strip of ribbon each side of the pillowcase opening.


But the cord that I have is too thick. I'm going to have to replace it. I had a mare of a time trying to thread it through. In the end, I taped one end to a dinner knife and pushed it through that way. Elegant it wasn't!


Hopefully I'll get some better pics when I return to the sewing machine tomorrow. 

Writing stuff - the latest instalment from the White Hart is here

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh the poor bunny!
    Well done getting the curtains sewn! I really like your new drawstring bag! That's a very good use for the pillowcase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the fabric is too scratchy for practically anything else!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! Funny that the birds have picked the bunny for nesting material. I like what you're doing with the pillow case

    ReplyDelete