Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2024

I Was Tempted and Did Not Resist

I'm just passing through quickly before I forget to post again. I called in at Aldi and saw this...

So I spent £10.32 and came home with this...


I need an intervention. Though I think it will make a cute blanket. As it was, when I was rearranging some of the yarn from the current blanket that I'm working on, I found that the extension lead to my laptop and the fire was red hot, as was the lead to the electric fire. I've replaced it and got a new extension now, but it was worrying. 

I was thinking on Sunday night about Across a Misty Bridge. It's a series of stories from some writing prompts around 2013 which laid the foundations for Tales from the White Hart. It's been tacked onto the White Hart books in the past and has even been around on Story Origin at one point, but I felt that it could do with a brush up and a little extra care to make it's own story. It's been at the back of my mind for a while and I have been tinkering around with the punctuation and spacing but hasn't really got anywhere. On Sunday I decided to forget the fancy stuff and just put it back on the blog as I was never going to get around to it. Today I'm over 18,500 words into the re-write and still going. I think that not only do I need an intervention but also possibly a diagnosis. 

Hopefully back tomorrow with something sensible. Hugs and good health to all. 

8 comments:

  1. Not a bad price for being tempted lol. Glad the computer wire didn't cause a fire and you caught it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! All that yarn for just £10.32? Daughter and I were at a craft store, today, buying some yarn and I saw similar balls of yarn (they were called "cakes") and each one was $10 on offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only cheap yarn, but it's fun enough for me at £1.29 for 100g. You have to pounce on bargains when you see them!

      Delete
  3. Hmm. Do you mean that the extension lead (what we US people would call an electric cord with a plug on it) is used by both your computer and the electric fire? Generally, each one would need their own extension lead, and possibly separate outlets on separate fuses, as they both draw a large amount of electricity at times of use. Some extension leads also have a surge protector in them, to guard against a surge or drop in the electrical power.
    Just a thought! I've enjoyed reading a bit more of Tales from the White Hart, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a set up that's common here with a lead from a wall outlet and then a set of six plug sockets. It comes with a surge protecter but I'm keeping a close eye on things.

      Thank you for the encouragement.

      Delete
  4. I've banned myself from buying any more yarn till I get some of my stash used up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've theoretically banned myself but when it comes to buying yarn, my will power has the strength of candyfloss in the rain so I'm hopeful but not optimistic.

      Delete