Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Another Day

Thank you for all the comments, I feel very hugged and it is very welcome. It is also very useful.

I went to the GP.  He looked a bit grave and the infections have been swabbed and the swabs sent away.  I am getting them re-dressed on Friday.  He didn't want to hear about coeliac.  I am seeing him again on Monday.

Apparently coeliac can present on the skin in yeurk form.  It fits with my description and if I am getting new spots after a fortnight then it isn't chickenpox.  The GP has given me some cream.

Regardless I am going to try gluten free.  It may be all in my head, but since Monday lunch time I have avoided gluten and I feel a tiny, tiny, tiny bit less itchy.  It may be all in my head, but to be honest, anything that gives even a slight improvement, even if it is placebo, has to be a good thing.  The doctor in A&E was absolutely convinced.  It gives me something to churn around in my mind rather than father and uncle.

Father is much the same.  I visited tonight.  I don't know how we are going to manage if he continues to have no movement at all in his right side.

DH is being a hero.

The bright side is that if I do go gluten free then I have great incentives to bargain hunt, recipe hunt and think about a whole new set of food.  I have bought a cookbook.  I also think it is a great chance for me to lose weight.  I won't be able to tuck into biscuits and cakes so much.  It can be a great adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Tell the doctor that the A&E doctor believes it to be Coeliac related, and say you'd like to have the tests so it can at last be ruled out.
    If it was Bear, or DH, you wouldn't let them get fobbed off.
    If you can't manage it with your doctor, then see a different doctor,
    Don't go gluten free without a diagnosis Syb.
    https://www.coeliac.org.uk/coeliac-disease/getting-diagnosed/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive outlook, you are being very brave

    ReplyDelete