Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Somewhere there is a Bright Side

I am a bit fed up.  Yesterday the sores that are (apparently) infected eczema were so bad that they were leaking through clothes.  I went to the Minor Injuries Unit who referred me to A&E.  The dressings I got at around midnight have already started to slip and I'm supposed to leave them on for at least three days.

One interesting part of the visit - the A&E doctor didn't think it was chickenpox that had been making me suffer.  He said it was coeliacs.  I am reluctant to google but the little I know (low energy levels etc) makes sense.

Darn it to heck.

I've just had a bowl of porridge.  I hope that is gluten free.

4 comments:

  1. Are they going to test you properly? If so, I think you have to keep eating gluten until they are sure, otherwise the tests don't work......

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think you have Coeliac disease, I believe you have to carry on eating gluten as normal until you are proprerly diagnosed... otherwise the tests won't work properly,
    Sorry to hear about ths, hope you are planning to go through tthe testing process to get it confirmed (or otherwise).
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think you are coeliac you should get properly tested,my DH is coeliac and he had to eat gluten- y foods before testing or otherwise they can't diagnose properly. I would say that it is an expensive and awkward diet- some coeliacs can eat oats and some not-my DH doesn't-gluten free breakfast cereals are really expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're suffering so. Prayers you feel muchly better soon and the ickies heal up quickly, too. Celiac disease is horrible and causes all kinds of health issues. Feel better!

    I have a contact allergy on my hands and eyelids *odd places I know* and they are terrible sometimes. No idea what cause them and have tried everything and only the steroid cream works but is dangerous to use all the time. I have had some luck with Essential Oils but still have break outs.

    ReplyDelete