Pages

Thursday 14 August 2014

Thank you for the comments

Hester - thank you, but I'm not being brave, I'm displacing.  I can wibble about gluten free and not think too hard about father or uncle.

WitchHazel - that is really interesting.  And slightly unnerving.

If the doctor at A&E is right (he sounded absolutely convinced) then I have this - DO NOT CLICK IF SQUEAMISH, EATING OR WANTING TO AVOID YEURK  I am really struggling and due to all the itching I have been short of sleep, unable to settle, I can't knit because of blisters on my hand etc.  Basically I am covered with itchy sores, spots and blisters.  It is very yeurk indeed.  I have dressings on my leg and arm, after insisting firmly at A&E that I got them.

I am seeing the GP again on Monday, and at the moment I am avoiding gluten.  It may be faddy or unhelpful and I have started with steroid cream but even before there was a slight reduction in itchiness.  As I have been beside myself for nearly three weeks I am hanging on to that.

So I am hanging on to the faddy, potentially silly, gluten free stuff and focusing on that instead of thinking of the implications of taking letters for father into the hospital and working out whether we can do the power of attorney and whether anyone will object.  I don't have to think of my lovely father completely unable to walk, or talk or eat and completely unable to enjoy his Famous Grouse and the start of the Premiership.  I don't have to worry about how to crowbar in some time to get to see uncle and knowing that when I finally get there I will hear no sense at all from him.  Instead I can rejoice that Heinz Tomato soup, part of my stockpile, is gluten free and worry about that rubbish and chaff instead.

Bear has noted that I am looking at English Grammar for Dummies and asked if I will buy him the Maths version.  My brain just walked off at that point.  If I do get it - and it is a big if - not only will I not be able to help with any explanations but I imagine the teachers at school being unimpressed.  I don't even know where to start with what he wants.  Good to think about that, it's a good problem to have.

I know lots of other people manage with far tough situations and actually there are lots of bright sides, but I am finding it a bit tough.  Bright side for the day - if father is going to come home I need to completely declutter and clean to make it fit for social services.  That's a great incentive.

2 comments:

  1. If you do have to go gluten free then I would give up worrying about being very frugal.It is definitely not a cheap diet.I had to change all varieties of gravy granules,stock cubes cereals etc.Bread biscuits baked goods are very dear and I think hard to cook yourself with gluten free flour,never seems to work properly for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be impetigo ? - (sp)
    This used to be a common skin condition many years ago, when I was a child I caught if from paddling in a 'not very clean' childrens pool, I don't think they were so fussy about health and hygiene in those days !
    I had to have limbs dressed and bandaged after being 'painted' with a purple liquid !
    OK this next bit is not very nice but, the scabs burst and yellow 'puss' oozed out !
    You don't hear much of it these days thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete