Pages

Friday 29 September 2017

Cake!

I should have taken a picture before bear got home. 

I went to a MacMillan Coffee morning this morning at the funeral home at the end of the street.  It was awesome.  They had the most amazing cakes and were so lovely and friendly.  I won a bottle of wine in the raffle which will see me happy over the weekend.  I brought home some cakes for bear aned DH, who very much appreciated them. 

It made up for the fail I had on the shawl.  I couldn't tell how it was going so I cast off.  It was far too small and I felt very inadequate, but I have a full ball of the yarn left so I'm going to see what I can manage with 250g and some serious increasing. 

I've got a few bits ordered for Christmas.  I've got a few books inexpensively from eBay and I'll see what else comes up. 

I can't face going out tomorrow, but as I'm supposed to be making a few litres of soup on Sunday for the Harvest Supper I may as well deep clean the kitchen and get the house a little cosier.  I've decided that I'll be easy on myself tomorrow (deep cleaning kitchen), Sunday (making soup for the Harvest Supper and working on my Hygge), and Monday (washing machine repair man) but on Tuesday I go out.  I can do this. 

I'll be glad to see the washing machine repair man.  The washing machine is making some awful moaning sounds.  Fortunately I've got a policy with AO which means that for a very reasonable monthly payment I get repairs or a replacement machine.  I won't try and fiddle things, but I would love a new machine.  I've never really got on with this washer, it doesn't do what I want.  I like a washing machine that doesn't randomly turn itself off and that has separately adjustable temperature so that I can do a long, cool wash.  I got it in a hurry a few years ago as my last washer gave up halfway through washing all of bear's school uniform and I was too desperate to read the details properly. 

I did have some awkward questions on the phone as I set up the appointment.  I don't use the 'washing machine cleaner' type sachets but instead run it hot with vinegar in and I don't clear the lint trap often enough.  I just hope I don't get into trouble. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! You can do this. Cake! I bet your guys were so happy with the cake! :) Hubby had brownies and ice cream after dinner. Spoilt rotten. ;) I'm going out tomorrow and Monday. I have birthday coupons that expire tomorrow. Can't lose $40 dollars. And Monday is a sale. Can't miss the sale. That's my plans for now anyway. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well this weekend.
    I popped in to Lakeland yesterday, and I saw that they had the Microfibre tea towels you were talking about recently. They are selling them £4.99 each, and have a 3-for-2 offer on. I bought 3. I can tell by the feel that they are different to standard tea towels, thank you for mentioning them.

    ReplyDelete