Pages

Thursday 14 September 2017

Thinking about Christmas

Christmas is looming ahead.  According to Facebook it is only 14 Saturdays away.  I whimpered when I saw that.  I'm saving up loyalty points all over the place.  By the time Christmas comes I should have around £40 in Morrisons points towards Christmas dinner, which should easily cover it.  We don't go overboard.  I will probably have as much as £80 in Tesco clubcard points.  I don't know what I'll have in Nectar points, but I know I can cash them in for eBay vouchers (if I can remember how to do it).  It's a drop in the ocean.  We don't have many to buy for, but bear wants an iPhone.  Bless him, he doesn't want the latest one.  He just wants one that's a little better than my fading iPhone 4 to play games on and to make notes but it has to have the Apple operating system to play the games he wants.  However even a reconditioned one is still likely to make me want to cry.  Of course, bear's birthday is four days after Christmas.

If - and it's a big if - we get some sort of iPhone for him, that will be the big thing for Christmas/Birthday.  I've already started checking out the auctions on eBay.  A few years ago I got a huge box of the 'free' gifts from the front of the Doctor Who magazine.  It filled his stocking and provided a heap of little presents for his birthday and Christmas for not many pennies - I seem to remember that it was under £20 and bear was completely overwhelmed.

I'm keeping everything crossed that I can score like that again.

3 comments:

  1. 14-Saturdays? eek! I'm not ready. An iphone. They do grow up. ;) I remember when our son went from eating happy meals to steak. From tinker toys at Christmas to cars. From high school to college. From being cheap to keep to trying to adopt him out. hahaha! You have a lot to look forward to. :) Good thing we love the little rascals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can find a phone for him - I think the mobile companies make far too much money out of the kids these days. Lucky for me my two daughters grew up just before mobiles phones took off for school kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe there will be good sales on the older models of iPhones, now that the new one has been unveiled.

    ReplyDelete