Pages

Friday 8 September 2017

FUSCHIA!


Suddenly the fuschia is half as wide as the house, roughly as deep as it is wide, as tall as me and bigger than our bathroom.  I think it has had a growth spurt as I don't remember it being this big.  It has to be pruned back hard as somewhere under there is a yellow tea rose which I'm fond of and I want to try and plant the bed that is currently overshadowed by the monster.  However it is full of bees.  I may try and sneak out and do some guerrilla pruning under the cover of darkness.  The neighbours already think I'm odd anyway.

I pruned Dilly and Dally, my scented geraniums, and put them in the garden to get some fresh air and rain.  I told bear that they had gone on a holiday and he gave me a Look and said, 'Yes, mother,' in the tone that suggests it's time for my special calming tea.  He has a lot to put up with.

I'm planning on drying the geranium leaves and keeping them in a thin bag in the wardrobe to scent the clothes.  They smell beautiful.

Jake's a Girl - I'm afraid that chard is very like spinach/turnip tops.  I am very unimpressed but I can eat it easier than cabbage and bear adores it.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous flower. I'll pass on the chard and leave it for the Bear. :) If I eat cabbage I have to be the one to cook it. I steam it just fork tender with butter, S&P. And that's only maybe once or twice a year. I'd rather have my cabbage in slaw. ha. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fuchsia. Tried many times to get that sort of to grow in my garden. Naaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely gorgeous! It is obviously very happy where it is!

    ReplyDelete