Pages

Sunday 25 May 2014

Bear is on holiday

Bear is in Whitby, on holiday and desperate to get to House of Mouse.  It is a fun house that I am fairly certain is breaking copyright and he has been looking forward to going there since we left Whitby last year.  This morning he has been ricocheting around the lovely cottage (Poppy Nook Cottage, Whitby, amazing comfort, wonderful service) and doing his version of sit ups and press ups.  His version of a press up really wouldn't break copyright, it is a loose association.

I love this cottage, we have been here a few times, but being the old fashioned person I am I would probably convert the cloakroom toilet into a pantry.  The tiny kitchen is clean, well thought out and well equipped.  For a holiday cottage it's absolute luxury.  However if I lived here permanently there would be nowhere to store bulk buys.  There is barely enough for the few bits that we picked up at the local co-op.

It has made me think.  I know I am going back to a cluttered, disorganised work in progress that needs to lose about half the house contents.  Living in a space that is not much bigger than the combined area of half our house and seeing it work is a real wake up call.  I shall be working on some ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading about your holidays to Whitby. I live in the Highlands of Scotland and have had 3 lovely holidays at Robin Hood Bay and love Whitby and everything it has to offer. have a great holiday
    Kat x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you. Oddly enough, I had some absolutely amazing holidays in Scotland when I was little, on the West Coast. I hope to get bear there one day. WS xxx

      Delete