Pages

Saturday 10 May 2014

Quiet Day, Busy Night

Today is Eurovision!  I love Eurovision.  If you are British and on Twitter check out Gin O'Clock, last year it was hysterical.

DH has been with bear all day, so while my day so far has been quiet, his has been action packed.  We counted up bear's money and it came to over £60!  I couldn't believe it.  I didn't think £3.50 per week would mount up so quickly and was worried I had set the bar too high.  Then I had a think and while bear has been closely guarding his pennies, father has been supplementing our pocket money. So much for budgeting skills.  Anyway, £60 definitely meant a trip to the toy shop.

Mind you, bear was born under a lucky star.  The all singing, all dancing nerf gun that he has been  coveting and that was over £50 was half price.  Bear came home with a toy gun almost the size of him and a sizeable chunk of pocket money still in his paw.  This is the gun:

 
I got the picture from Nerf Wiki.  Apparently it is discontinued which explains the half price.  The front bit comes off to make a separate blaster (though you can shoot through both apparently when they are together, what do I know, I'm a mum).  There are two clips, extra foam darts and it is nearly as tall as bear.  He is doing his best to hold it but I think he needs to grow another six inches to hold it properly.

I am very grateful that he is being distracted as he is about to go with DH to his grading.  Bear is a bit nervous about the martial arts test, he is not confident for once.  This will not do him any harm.  He has SATS next week as well and he is getting a bit stressy.  I am not entirely behind tests for seven year olds but I can see the use of them.  He is put in for extra tests.  The school have let them all have a practice at old papers, and he came home and told me exactly what some of the questions were and checked my answers.  I'm hopeful it will be fine.

Tonight I intend to have a few drinks and watch Eurovision with the subtitles on.  You get the translation of the songs, and yes, some of them are actually singing 'na-na-na-na-na' for 3 minutes 45 seconds.  I miss Terry Wogan, and his comments getting more and more colorful as the evening went on.  I suspect that he wasn't on bottled water as he definitely got worse.  The subtitles used to miss huge swathes of his opinion by the end of the night.  I won't bother watching the voting.  Father will probably give it a miss.

I love Eurovision.

2 comments:

  1. I hosted a Eurovision party on Facebooj. It was a hoot! A truly international event, my friend in France joined in, cheesy nibbles were passed around in a virtual forum. You can join me next year if you wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be there next year with a bottle of virtual cointreau and a party hat! WS xxx

      Delete