Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

Absolutely Amazing and a bit meh!

Please look away now if you don't like parents who boast about their darling little ones...

Bear had an awesome report at the parents' evening.  As bear had been good I asked for more maths for bear.  Bear insisted.  He loves maths.  He really, really, really loves maths and is better at it than I am.  According to the teacher, bear who has just started Year Three would be comfortable starting Year Four if he did nothing else all year.  The lovely teacher was very clear that bear would not be allowed to do nothing all year!  Negotiations are ongoing about the condition of bear's handwriting which is the only thing the teacher complained about.  I felt sooo smug and now I am off to dust off all the wonderful advice previously given, look into resources for maths and generally try and make space for bear to move forward.  We are also looking at a treat for bear, who is negotiating rewards.  He's holding out for a cinema trip whereas I am offering Bagshaw Museum.  It's ongoing.

I am feeling a bit happier about bear's Christmas and birthday.  I have just found a stash of books I got in to give bear for Christmas last year, and they are still good for that, so I am happy that he will get reading matter as well as the books that arrived from the Book People.  I have a Cyberman voice changing helmet (ebay is my friend) plus Cyberman towel, some Doctor Who notebooks and a figure already.  I also have a stash of skylander figures bought from a neighbour selling up their collection in a huge box under the kitchen table.  We have decided to not add much to this but give instead something like £20 for Christmas and £20 for his birthday in the certain knowledge that bear will certainly receive other goodies.  Bear's stocking will be a bit of a challenge, but I am sure it will be fine.

As for the meh part, I am back on antibiotics.  My leg is still infected, ongoing since April.  I need to try and chase up the hospital to see why I haven't had the urgent dermatology referral.  I am feeling a bit fed up.  I feel like nothing will ever change, that I will be stuck with this for ever and it is really itchy, sore and yeurck.

However, something that is less meh - father may have been only in the Nursing Home for a few days but he is already on a committee.  That makes me feel much more reassured.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your antibiotics but delighted to hear how well Dear Father has settled in, if he has joined a committee! Good for him. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete