Pages

Thursday 9 October 2014

Welcome to Autumn

Thank you for the kind wishes.  I feel a bit of a fraud as I know lots of people have it worse than me.  I am reserving the right to grumble a little bit as I am still on antibiotics - about three weeks so far - and father being desperate to come home so he can have alcohol is making me crave a strong drink myself!

Bear is also grumbly, tired, prone to feeling sorry for himself and under the weather.  I'm doing a lot of humouring, negotiating and just putting my foot down.  He seems to flag at this time of year, so I will be keeping a little eye on him.

Poor DH is really poorly!  He has a foul cough and coughs turn bad for him.  I have been fussing over him and keeping him warm, cuddled and dosed up with cough medicine (whisky).  He is the one who really needs fuss at the moment.

I think we should sit and count our blessings, to be honest.  We have a roof over our heads, we have food in the cupboards and home is a safe place.  My father is safe, my uncle is actually quite safe and Christmas will be here soon.

Anyway, the next on the list is the garden.  For father's sake I am going to get it tidied up and put in some winter pansies and bulbs.  I'm looking forward to that, it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment