Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

Cats

Next door's lovely fluffy tom cat tried to climb into the Market Delivered van.  He had already had a prowl around the Tesco van, and I think he disapproved.  As I was getting fresh fish from Market Delivered (a nice bit of coley) I can see the attraction.

I sort of miss having a cat.  I had tinned fish for lunch, and I have been able to knit without a problem, cross stitch is looking like a possibility again if my eyes hold up and none of those were really a good bet with a cat.  On the other hand, I miss having cat stories.

Bear and DH would both like a dog but as it would be me that would be exercising it that will not be a possibility.  I refuse to have a rodent in the house and I am not impressed by budgies either.  If father were coming back here I would need something like a small dog or a tom cat to keep him company, but that is incredibly unlikely.

While I don't miss the litter tray, the cost of food and the vet's bills, I do miss a cuddle and a mad moment.  I also think a pet would be good for bear.

As it stands, I think I will hold fire and enjoy the antics of next door's cats and brothers lovely dog (who is a complete cuddle hound) and see how things go.

I wonder how long I can hold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment