Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Bear was Sleepwalking

Last night, around about midnight, I heard some bumps and thumps so went to have a look.  Bear was at the bottom of the stairs and looking blankly at the door, as if he couldn't work out what it was for.  I coaxed him up the stairs where he sat in the doorway in a typical small boy pose with his arms around his knees.  His eyes were open, but I wasn't seeing much there.  After some more gentle coaxing bear crawled across the floor on his hands and knees, wriggled into bed and went spark out.  He remembers none of this.

I am a little worried about this as I wonder if the bumps and thumps were bear falling downstairs.  However he is certainly mixing it hard with the other kids at football camp so I would have no idea if there were any new bruises.  Whatever happened, it didn't wake him up.

I had a pleasant surprise.  My frozen stuff wasn't delivered with the order, and I didn't realise.  It was late when I put the order in, and to be honest I could have put anything down.  I got a phone call from Tesco customer services apologising and promising it would be refunded.  Tesco are pretty awesome round here these days.

The question I am now asking myself is, can vampires have children?  Aristotle thought that only living things should increase (hence the medieval church's ban on charging interest on loans as money wasn't alive so shouldn't increase) but it would help with a plot.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to coax Bear back to bed!

    Hope you find the answer to your question about vampires having children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. If they could have children, they wouldn't need to 'turn' humans into vampires, so it seems unlikely to me. Although what would happen if a pregnant woman was turned, I'm not sure. Would the baby be born Would it be human? Would it be vampire? If it was a vampire presumably it would stay in baby form forever (but would it actually grow mentally?. Bit of a rabbit hole, this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to check out JAzCullen's vampire stories. Her premis is that Vampires are sterile unless they mate with Werewolves, in which case they produce hybrid children called Varcolek who are a hundred times stronger etc than either parent. If you are sticking with straight vampires then I don't think you can suddenly have them producing children. I think there was something horrendous in one of the Van Helsing movies where "children" suddenly appeared but these were nasty little flying demons. If you take the premis that Bram Stoker wrote the first Dracula novel as a way to enable women to be achieve a level of sexual maturity rather than the Victorian alternatives of virgin or mother which were the only choices in those times, then why does a sexually active mature woman need to have children?

    ReplyDelete