Pages

Sunday 1 December 2019

Bear Enjoys Cookery

Bear pan fried the salmon. I suspect it was a little over done as it fell to pieces in the pan, but I've never cooked fresh salmon so I had no idea (my experience with eating salmon has not been good). The carrots and parsnip were a little over cooked, but he was fine with them and next week wants to do tuna steaks. I said it was a deal but the week after he had to do a less expensive dish. He agreed that was reasonable.

This morning he has been watching Gordon Ramsay programmes and has made muffins. He decided he wanted to use a banana and chocolate chips instead of raisins, so that's what he did, and they were a little heavy. He was okay as it's a learning experience. I just left him to it.

He demolished a couple of the muffins while explaining to me why we needed a meal plan and is now downstairs rearranging the cookbooks in the dining room. He has expressed disappointment that I am not making a Christmas cake, even though they never get eaten at this house. I am going with the flow.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like he's quite enjoying the cookery - good for him! I'm glad you're encouraging it. It does sound as though he just wants to cook the finer things in life lol. Maybe he could do a budget challenge and see what he could come up with for a meal under a certain cost. Great lesson about shopping for bargains lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've a chef in the making, there, Lyssa! :)

    ReplyDelete