Pages

Monday 23 December 2019

I Got Lost in a Car Park

Okay, not exactly lost. It's just that I didn't realise that there was a one way system in the car park, as I hadn't been there before, and I couldn't find the way out. I had already been twice around Dewsbury town centre as when the sat nav told me to use the middle lane, it split and suddenly the middle lane was the left hand lane and I should have turned right. It was actually awesome because I came back up a hill that when I passed it the first time I thought Red would never be able to manage it, but she was fine.

I called in at Aldi first. It opens at 8am. I got there at 8.05am and got one of the last two spaces in the car park. It was bedlam. After a quick dash around, I remembered my brother talking about Sainsbury in Dewsbury, so I put the directions in the satnav and the rest is normal for me. The sat nav I'm using is Google Maps on my phone, and I often get the impression that it is completely exasperated with me. I think there is more to the satnav than meets the eye. I used it to get home, as I wasn't sure of the best way, and it took me towards a complicated roundabout (which I managed fine) but while I was trundling along at around 35mph in a 40 zone (no-one behind me) it suddenly told me that there was a mobile speed camera ahead. I didn't actually see anything, so who knows what was happening. Regardless, I didn't pick up much as I was getting a delivery this evening. I think we are sorted for the next few days. To be honest, if we haven't got it now, I'm not bothered. We can always have beans on toast.

Bear and I spent a lot of time clearing cupboards in the kitchen. It is still in a state of chaos, but I'm optimistic that it will be fine for Christmas dinner. And if it isn't, it will be a great story to tell.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Christmas - I am sure you will have a tale or two to tell about it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been driving for 35 years (gosh!) and still get lost - even with the satnav. It is a source of much amusement to friends and family just how bad my sense of direction is. Even when I am walking I just don't seem to recall landmarks etc. and once got a huge parking charge as I couldn't remember the way back to the car park, It only bothers me if I have an appointment to keep as I hate to be late for things but I compensate by allowing plenty of time to get there. The rest of the family in contrast seem to have megnets in their heads and always know at least the rough direction they are going. I think it is to do with the fact that I take words in much better than I do diagrams/pictures, so I can follow a written list of directions much better than a map (which I have to keep turning round to face the way we are going).

    ReplyDelete