Pages

Tuesday 10 December 2019

Weather Continues

Sending good vibes to all caught in the weather that has been coming through today. It's been hit and miss here, but when it was raining, it was raining. The winds have been difficult as well.

Bear's pal's dad gave a lift in this morning, so I have been trying to get anything done and nibbled away at the bits of stuff that needed doing. After I finish this post, I need to sit down and make a literal list of everything that I plan to do tomorrow. Today suffered because I wasn't sure what to do first.

Regardless, I made some phone calls, pottered a little and then decided I had to go out. I'm having issues getting to the doctor. I can see the doctor's office from where I am sitting now, but for some reason, it's impossible for me to walk there. I can drive all sorts of places, but I can't get to the doctor.  Panic takes over. But I had a request for a prescription I had to drop off for bear, so I had to go. It wasn't just me, it was bear! So I actually drove. It's tricky to drive to the doctor's office, and there is no space to park. I was completely stranded. I did some very fancy reversing and turning to get out of the dead end I found myself in. Finally I parked nearby (I know!) and walked. This was an achievement because now I know that I can walk there from a different direction, which is something. Then I set off for Birstall Retail Park.

Bear needs a Christmas sweater. Birstall Retail Park has a TK Maxx (and failing that, a Next which should stand up to whatever the kids at school are wearing). It did not go entirely well. Of course I ended up in the wrong lane and found myself in the Showcase Cinema car park. I had to go around before getting back to where I was before, then the car park by the shops was ridiculously full. I couldn't see a space at all, and it was lunchtime on a Tuesday. I'm going to have to come back tomorrow morning and see if I can get anything. Then I got lost getting out of the retail park, but, to be quite honest, it was a lot easier and I avoided a tricky roundabout. I managed to pick up a Christmas t-shirt at Tesco and then picked a very tired bear up from school. Fortunately I didn't get lost on the way home. We had home made soup for dinner, the sort that you can heap into a bowl, with lots of inexpensive veggies and lentils.

Writing stuff - my short story based on the prompt is here.

3 comments:

  1. I so admire your perseverance! One of these days you are going to be a pro driving in and about Leeds. I read yesterday that if we want to be good at something really difficult we have to do it every single day for about 415 days.😓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the outside parking at the back of Ikea multi storey - sometimes you get lucky there or on the very top of Ikea as no-one wants to walk that far! Will look out for you if we have another visit! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found something for him! My Mum had a heck of a time trying to find a jumper she wanted to wear for a Christmas party - I think she started looking back in October - finally found one last week.

    ReplyDelete