Pages

Thursday 12 December 2019

Is It Only Thursday?

Wherethejourneytakesme - Bear has been extremely rude about the state of the toilets at school and seems to see them as a festering source of the plague. I'm getting good at nodding, smiling and moving on. I agree, the best thing is to wash your hands with soap and water. I use soap at home, but I don't always get the soap when I am out, partly because half the places don't seem to have soap. I believe that one of the best things that could happen to the NHS is the return of the Matron - the sort that would rule with a rod of iron, have the staff on their toes and fight their ward's corner with the management. It's not just money, it's the absolute insistence on things being done in the proper manner and the refusal to cut corners. Mind you, they would need enough staff to not be forced to cut corners. 

Today I dropped off bear, drove to the shopping centre near IKEA, realised that they didn't open for at least another hour, had a hot chocolate, went back to Aldi, went back again to the shopping centre, browsed for presents without success, called in at IKEA, and then drove home through the awkward junction!!!

Next time I go this near Christmas, I will wait in the car until the shops open, as the car park filled up alarmingly between leaving at 8.20am and getting back at around 9.15, and was even worse after I had trailed around Next (Christmas sweater), Wilkos, The Range, and TK Maxx. I didn't even pick up any good stuff. I left at around 10.05 to drive the few hundred yards to IKEA car park, to see if I could manoeuvre in there, and although I was only in there briefly, that car park was filling up quickly as well. 

By the time I got home it was lunchtime and then I was out, voted, drove to pick up bear and waited - and waited, and waited, and waited. It was nearly an hour before he turned up and I was somewhat unimpressed and cold. 

I've done dinner, now I need to iron shirts for tomorrow and then I plan to collapse. I am much less achey and such, but I am feeling flattened. 

Hugs to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember the toilets at school not being that good. Must be a thing. When I used to go to the high school with my kids they used to tell me which toilets to use and which to avoid. They had different names for them all!

    I try to get out early as there is such craziness with the car parks. I honestly can't wait until it is over.

    ReplyDelete