Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

Writing Stuff

It's a big step for me. An indie publisher, Three Furies Press, have agreed a deal for a novel I'm writing, Out of the London Mist, a steampunk novel. If all goes well, it comes out next July. Today I signed a contract. I feel a little odd about it all. It feels very dreamlike, and I keep wondering if it's a mistake and I'll get an email explaining that actually the contract was meant for someone else. 

I'm now contractually bound to promote the novel, so I will no doubt be posting a lot about it. I'll keep it to a minimum on this page, as much as possible, and just link to posts on my writing blog. There will be exceptions, of course, as I hope to attend steampunk events next year, and I'll be writing about those. Bear will be in attendance if I go there, of course, and hopefully DH as well, depending on the schedule. When writing fills up an entire day, like the big step that happened today or when I hopefully get to go see the wonderful world of steampunk, or perhaps even a book signing (though that may be over-reaching a little), writing will leak over to here.

Hopefully I will make a little more sense tomorrow. Hugs to all.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that's fantastic news. I've added it to my reading list for July/August. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, you have worked hard for this reward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a great opportunity! I'll be looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge Congratulations😃 Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete