Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

Monday Has Happened

All things considered, it could have been worse. It started when bear took his blazer out of the dry cleaning bag and found that he was missing a button. I didn't have time to sort it, having spent most of the time on the traditional 'first day back at school' pursuit of 'find bear's other shoe'. Then I dropped bear off at school and immediately ran into trouble. The drop off at his school is on a one way street. I normally turn right at the end of the street but the road was closed. I had an interesting tour of some small housing estates before I found my way back to somewhere I knew. I recieved the email warning me about the road closure from school just as I pulled up my satnav. I may have used harsh language.

I called in at a park on the way home. I'm determined to get a walk most days. It's not a New Year's Resolution, because if it is a resolution then if you miss one day then you have failed. If it is just an ongoing project, I can keep trying no matter how many days I miss. Today I just had a short walk around the small pond. Apparently, walking by water is supposed to have a calming effect. Unfortunately no-one explained that to the Canada geese who were getting very intense about something. I kept a safe distance and took a poor photo


Then I finally sat down to do my online taxes. I should have done them last April, as there is barely anything to tax. Of course, all the info is on my laptop (which DH shipped away to tech genius, and I am very grateful to him). I needed to jump through hoops to confirm who I was (rightly so - I'm not really complaining about that) and needed my passport. I knew where it was in April, but I didn't know this morning. This means that I've turned a load of papers upside down, shredded a lot of stuff I didn't need, and found my passport. I'll have another go at my taxes tomorrow. Honestly, doing the taxes isn't too bad, as my situation is pretty straightforward. Getting logged on to do those taxes brings me close to a breakdown every time.

Now I am off to sew the button on bear's blazer. I ought to teach him as this is a great opportunity, but I don't have the energy and I really need to get back to the editing.

Writing stuff - this week's writing challenge here.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a hectic start to the morning! I would have had a few choice words about the late delivery of that message. Ack! I don't make New Year's Resolutions - as you say, if you miss one day that's it, finished. I like goals. They give you something to reach for but if you miss a day you can restart again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Lyssa. I am so glad that I no longer have to fill in tax forms. I used to hate 'that time of year'. Now I don't earn enough to pay tax so Mr taxman no longer needs any input from me.

    ReplyDelete