Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Bear has been to the Dentist

I have a lot of issues around dentists.  I need sedation and I struggle.  I was determined that bear would have the best chance I could give him of not following in my bite marks.

Yesterday we managed to get a late appointment so bear didn't miss school and had a long bus journey there.  It is actually an easy dentist to get to, all the dentists closer are a real problem, so we had nearly an hour on the bus while we chugged through rush hour and chatted and giggled together.

Bear was also very good waiting for the dentist.  We had some in depth discussions about the times table and he was fine.  Then he sauntered into the dentist, hopped casually onto the chair and leaned back as if he was on a sun lounger.  The glasses the dentist gave him only added to this.

Bear still hasn't lost any milk teeth and I was a bit worried, but apparently all is fine, his teeth are lovely and clean and well brushed and he he is doing fine.

Then bear hopped off the chair, gave the dentist the benefit of his charming smile and sauntered out to pick up his sticker.  I was desperately envious.  After a dental visit I don't want a sticker, I want alcohol.

DH gave us a lift back which made things a lot easier, then we were home and almost straight to bed with a happy bear.  After he had brushed his teeth, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment