Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

The Mystery of the Soap Dispenser


I have a soap dispenser for handwash in my bathroom.  Originally it was some very pleasant lemony stuff from Asda, then I refilled it with some incredibly inexpensive shower gel I got from Approved Food.  I finally refilled it with the third and last bottle, rather sadly as I  had liked the fragrance.

Then I noticed something a bit odd.  It was a funny consistency.  Bear had complained that the soap was so thick that only a small amount came out.  I thought this was a good thing and explained that he didn't need a lot.  Now there seemed to be two layers in the soap dispenser.  Person unknown had added water to the dispenser and shook it.  It hadn't worked.  Now the bottom layer, where the pump took from, was far too hard to pump, and the top layer was a lot lighter colour.

I grumbled, shook it, and forgot about it.  Until yesterday morning when I realised that the soap was now a lot thinner and a bit useless as it sort of splashed out like mildly soapy water.  I couldn't wash my hands properly so I emptied it out, grumbled, refilled it with some thinnish bubble bath and forgot about it.

Until last night, when I went to bed, I found that the dratted thinnish bubble bath had been watered down as well!  I had to shake it all up to get enough soap to get a lather.

Today I am out of the house so I shall see if I can pick up some liquid soap in a new bottle and see how long that lasts.  I am unamused.

No comments:

Post a Comment