Pages

Saturday 14 November 2015

Praying for Paris

I don't know why, but it really caught me, all those innocent people caught up when they would least expect it, all those at a music concert, all those at a football match, all those just in the wrong place and the wrong time.

I'm praying for Paris.  I'm praying for those who have been killed or hurt there, their families and friends, the police and medics that are suddenly in a crisis, those that somehow have to keep going on even though they are traumatised to the core.

I am also praying that the politicians and those that make the real decisions don't get caught up in the moment, that they think very hard, that they don't listen to the rabble rousers.  I suspect that some of those who committed such dreadful acts were born in Paris.

I wonder how long before the backlash really hits.  Muslims aren't terrorists in the same way that Christians aren't terrorists.  Idiots are terrorists.  Violent people are terrorists.  The deluded, the sadistic, the ones consumed by hate, they are terrorists.  While I am heartbroken for those hurt and killed in Paris and their families, I am also angry for the thousands of innocent, peaceful Muslims whose lives have just become that little bit harder.

Last night the events took place in Paris.  Their impact will affect the whole world.

1 comment: