Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2018

As Quiet As Ever

After I posted last night I sorted out clothes that bear needed for the school play and that I could finally wash, spent the evening with my DH and dragged myself along for another hour until the dryer finished and I could iron what needed ironing.

It was as well I did as today started unreasonably early as DH had to be out early to book the car in for its MOT (inexpensive, thank goodness) and bear's pal was round at the first cough of the sparrow again.  I was glad to see him, though I wasn't in a fit state to understand all he was saying about pine cones, but he is a good kid.  I fed and watered them and then bundled bear off to school with an extra shirt, t-shirt, pair of jeans and shorts. 

After this I emptied the bathroom in the nick of time and the nice man came and fitted the bathroom window.  I tried to get some writing done and managed a few thousand words before the bathroom window man left - fifteen minutes before I had my driving lesson.  I had a three hour driving lesson, concentrating on junctions.  There were no casualties and the driving instructor (who deserves a medal) said he would let me know if I was a hazard on the road.  It's likely to get a lot harder now as I'm going out on the main roads and I need to get some confidence. 

I got back with minutes to spare for bear and another of his pals to turn up for food and took in the Tesco grocery delivery.  I had a phone call where I promised I would do some research about stuff and then I behaved badly and got grumpy at someone trying to sell something.  I was snappy, and I shouldn't have been, especially as she actually did me a favour.  I'm wondering how I can get back to her and apologise.

You see, I pay some money per month (@ £5) and if my washing machine breaks down then they will either repair or replace it at no extra cost.  I have it on my fridge, my freezer and my cooker as well.  As far as I can tell, the average life span of a washing machine is around three years.  In three years I would spend @ £180 on the insurance.  The washing machine I would get if it needed replacing would be the equivalent of the £300 washing machine I got at a much reduced price.  The repairs will probably keep that machine going for a lot longer than five years that it would take to pay for the insurance, but I sort of approve because it keeps the machine functioning and out of landfill and I'm happy keeping going.  However this lady called because she was trying to sell insurance on other items.  Except she thought we didn't have insurance on the cooker (which I had asked for) and we had two fridges (but we don't).  The poor woman (I feel really guilty) said that she didn't see a tv on the list.  She did offer to call back at a better time, but my next gap is likely to be October.

So I rang up the actual company and not the salesperson, got through to a heavy breathing Geordie who was okay, then someone awesome in a department called Resolutions and it sort of looks like I have been paying for two fridges, except they don't have any record of any payments.  I am going to spend some time going over my statements to give an idea of payments and they are going to get back to me tomorrow.  I said I look forward to hearing from them some time between the alarm fixer (who still hasn't got back to me), the three hour driving lesson and bear's school play.  The very nice man said he will leave a voice mail if necessary.

And while I've been writing this up I've been interrupted by another issue with getting Tales from the White Hart out in paperback and bear having issues with a large moth. 

I've just subscribed to Pixnio, which has images that can be freely used.  I'm not getting any kickback or reward for putting the link.  However I found this image and it calmed me down and now I think I will get back to sorting out the bank references.  I hope you feel calmer for the pic as well. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete