Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Not Necessarily All Bad

First of all, look what bear put together all by himself.


Yes, that is a cyberman helmet in the background on a nineteenth century camphor chest (in need of restoration but stuff happen). 

I didn't have a driving lesson today.  Instead I had an early morning visit from bear's pal, a washing machine repair, a broken kitchen sink (which the lovely washing machine repair man fixed temporarily), a few confusing phone calls, bear failed to pay in dinner money again, spent far too long on hold to technical support, found some comfort looking back over some old stuff that wasn't too bad and reposted it with a better pic, put in an Approved Food order (summer holidays approach), a Tesco order, found someone to try and sort out the house alarm that seems to have a thing with unexpected beeps, found the clothes that bear just told me he needed for tomorrow, and very loosely supervised bear putting fans together.  It isn't even tea time.  Tonight I will start on the washing backlog and when it is definitely dark and insect free I'll pick some of the lavender for bear to take to school and that he requested this morning when it was already full of bees.  Those bushes are buzzing!  Tomorrow I need to clear the bathroom first thing as the bathroom window is definitely going in and they will definitely be finished before the driving lesson.  Then I will have to clear the area where the alarm is wired in so they can see what the beeps mean when they come Thursday morning.  That means emptying the drinks cabinet that hasn't really been used since father went into hospital and moving all the stuff around in the living room which is a great opportunity to vacuum behind things.  I'm not sure I have the energy to vacuum behind things.

On the bright side, I realised something about driving.  I was so nervous about getting on to the main roads and going at 30 or 40 miles an hour after spending time inching along at 15 mph between double parked cars, round bends with interesting obstructions, watching for car doors opening, casual jay walkers and oblivious pigeons.  I have just realised that while the main roads will have their own challenges, they won't be double parked the same way.  If the speed limit is 40 or 60, I won't have to worry about casual pigeons.  I feel a little better now. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete