Pages

Thursday 12 July 2018

Continuing Odd

Yesterday was odd, and it feels like it's continuing today. 

I ended up rescheduling the washing machine appointment.  All the previous appointments have been ridiculously early.  I firmly believe that 7.50am is a dreadful time for a service but that was the time the last one turned up.  I don't start thinking joined up thoughts until at least 10am.  I spoke to the lovely lady at the service centre and explained that I had a very important appointment between 12 and 3.  How long was this repair likely to take and could it be an early appointment?  The lady assured me that she would pass on the times I needed and she checked and the repair could take from one to two hours.  I sighed with relief.  Then later I got the text to let me know that the repair man would be here between 12.25 and 3.25pm.  I said some rude words and rescheduled on their website for next Tuesday morning.  We should survive okay. 

I was not in a good place when I got up this morning.  The house was a tip, I had a hangover and England didn't win.  It wasn't improved by bear's pal turning up at 8am to hang out with bear.  He's a nice kid, but I really didn't need it.  I offered him food and drink and then put my headphones on and left them to it.   

I more or less pootled around until 12 when I had another three hour driving lesson.  I loved it.  I drove between parked cars, I was in (very slow and undemanding) traffic, I had turns and junctions and give way signs and I loved it.  I even did a three point turn!  It wasn't a very demanding turn, and there wasn't much chance of me hitting something unexpected, but I did it.  I was also putting my foot down and nearly reached 20 miles an hour! 

Then bear and a different pal hung out until dinner time and now I need to crack on with tomorrow's instalment of the White Hart or I'll be even later than normal! 

I have no relevant pictures today, so I thought I would use this, as it is the nearest to relevant and I think it is a left hand drive. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete