Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Windy Wednesday

First off, we are on the edge of the really bad weather, and it's nothing like the troubles that the Philippines and the USA have suffered, but it is windy.  I got dropped off at Aldi instead of home after my driving lesson (swerved a lot of fallen branches, no casualties) and I snapped this pic.


I recognised the type of willow some genius planted at the edge of the car park.  There used to be one like it at the edge of my great-aunts' garden and it lost branches at every high wind - some of them large!  The tree grew really tall as well, so it had plenty of range when it was shedding those branches.  Fortunately it never hit my great-aunts' bungalow, but, as the tree grew, it was a worry.  I mentally shook my head sadly at the thought of branches falling on cars, and then I realised that not only was it still windy, but I was standing right in the path of further branches.  I shook my head at my own idiocy and got shopping.  I shouldn't be allowed there on my own.  Fortunately today it was just a tub of honey instead of the sparkly silver yarn they still have in store.  I cannot think of a single use for sparkly silver yarn, but it calls to me.  I have to move with purpose when I go past that part of the Aisle of Temptation.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be having a driving lesson at roughly the time the forecast says our area is likely to be hit by extremely heavy rain.  I suppose I need to learn how to drive in all conditions, but I'm not looking forward to it.  It feels like autumn has got here really early. 

wherethejourneytakesme left a comment about needing to set like jelly before getting up in the morning.  I am totally stealing that!  It perfectly describes the state I'm in before and after my early morning cuppa.  Speaking of which, I think my early night may come earlier than usual tonight.  I'm exhausted!

1 comment: