Pages

Friday 17 January 2020

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

I'm glad to be back. Thank you for the kind messages.

Driving continues as expected. A few days ago I visited a friend who lives quite deep in the countryside, somewhere at the foot of the Pennines. The road that led to the road she lives on has grass growing down the centre and is around a car and a half wide, with a steep bank on one side and a very steep drop the other, fenced off by a small drystone wall. I was a little on guard, and should have been nervous, and I wasn't looking forward to the trip back, but I was fine. I had a wonderful visit, along with some serious cat cuddles, then started back.

The trip there had been uneventful, but I'd only gone a little way when I realised that a lorry was following me down this narrow road. That wasn't a problem, except for the large van coming around the corner at me. There was absolutely nowhere for me to go, and no passing places. I couldn't even reverse because of the lorry behind me. Thankfully the van reversed back around the corner, and I was able to squeeze through.

(I should add, I'm very adventurous when facing a gap - I see a space between parked car and oncoming traffic and tend to go for it. I don't know how I have kept all my car's paint. On Tuesday, on the way home, I shot through a gap and then said to bear that perhaps it would have been safer to hang back. Bear said that he didn't know about that, but no-one was following me through. I don't think this is a positive driving thing, but it's a thing.)

The other issue I had was that while I had used satnav on my way there, I forgot to set it on the way back. I think I missed a turn, went wildly off track and ended up in Brighouse. I admit to nothing that may have happened there except to say that mistakes were made and the one way system should be marked more clearly. Once I found myself there, though, I could get home. 

Off now to carry on sorting out the new machine. I'm somewhere in heaven.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. Brighouse has a lovely little shopping centre but only if you can master their road system and find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you have a new computer now and are having fun with the driving! :)

    ReplyDelete