Pages

Tuesday 28 January 2020

Not Impressed with January

I know it's always a little grim after Christmas, and it's always a good idea to look at finances and tighten the belt, but this January has been silly. It has three days left and I sincerely hope that January has a long think and bucks its ideas up.

Bear is reacting badly to the new medicine. It's not life threatening, but the poor lad is suffering, and he has enough on his plate with all the exams (which he did in something of a daze), and a heap of homework.

There was another flicker in the lights and my laptop had a moment of black screen which, while probably less than three seconds, felt like a lifetime. I saw roadworks a few hundred yards away, which is likely to affect the electrics, and I really don't need it.

Between the laptop, and buying bear's music lessons in bulk and various other bits and bobs, I swear we must have spent nearly four times the normal spends for a month. Next month I'm starting to seriously track our spending. It's getting out of hand.

Also, I have major heartburn.

Writing stuff - I have managed to write a reply to the writing challenge here. That is something, amidst the mounting deadlines.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. I've been away, but I'm glad you're back! January has seemed so very long. I can't wait for it to be over. Hope both you and Bear feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you survive the rest of January and February will be a great month. Sorry to hear that Bear's new medicine is causing some side effects. Maybe they can change the medication? Good luck with keeping track of the expenses. You might not be able to keep the spending levels down, but, at least you'll know where the money goes!

    ReplyDelete