Pages

Thursday 19 November 2020

Boiler Troubles

 Our boiler is getting elderly, and so I'm trying to keep on top of servicing, especially after the chaos from Scottish Power. Today someone came out to service the thing. Apparently it is just about legal but needs a big overhaul/replacing. I did get the impression of a mechanic who goes around kicking the tyres on a car and sucking their teeth. 

Now the dratted pressure on the dratted boiler keeps going up and we can't work out why. I did text the plumber (who, to be fair, was nice enough and pleasant) but he replied with some technical stuff and suggested that he came out for a small(ish) fee. 

And I have a banging headache. Back tomorrow, hopefully with some sort of calm.

Writing stuff - don't forget that Sarah Head's book, A Necessary Blessing, is out today. I may get to read it tomorrow in between trying to sort out the dratted boiler. 

1 comment: