Pages

Sunday 22 November 2020

Food with Colour

 Fifitr - that may be a useful idea, especially when he's off on the school at home thing. I'm in West Yorkshire. Leeds is a hotspot. Bear's school is in Kirklees, which isn't as bad but not brilliant.

Today has been pleasantly quiet. I made a casserole for dinner. I used up the purple potatoes, a jar of the roast peppers (I'm going to miss them when they run out) some 'red' onions left over from bear's chutney experiments and I added some olives. Before I added the chicken (with stock cube, hot water, mixed herbs and garlic powder) it looked like this.


Which is enough to brighten any Sunday afternoon. I should have served it with bright green frozen peas, but couldn't be bothered. It tasted really great and dished up like this.


It looks like purple potatoes are more colour fast than purple carrots. DH dished all the meat, but there was a load of veggies left over, which means my lunch tomorrow is sorted out.

I've finished one of the bobble hats and started the other. I haven't attached the bobble yet as I'm building up my courage. If I manage it tomorrow, I'll share a photo. It came out okay, I suppose. 

I haven't had the courage to ask bear about his homework all weekend. At least I've remembered to sign his planner. Apparently I'm supposed to check but even the bits of his writing that I can actually read don't make sense, I just put my name down and hope.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I like your colorful meals! I have not tried purple potatoes, but, my gardener planted some rainbow carrot seeds in my garden, so, maybe I'll find a purple carrot in the mix (if they carrots ever grow!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I cooked purple potatoes I was disappointed that they didn't stay really purple but offered up a pale lilac mash verging on the grey. I expected them to stay vividly purple.
    Not having children I have very little experience with homework, other than what I did as a child which is probably very different to what they're given today, but from friends' experience of parenting my take away from your situation would be that you're lucky to have a son who does his homework without WW3 breaking out every time a project is due to be handed in. Several of the kids I know fight tooth and nail not to have to do any item of homework, no matter how trivial, and several parents do it for their kids, of which I strongly disapprove.

    ReplyDelete