Pages

Monday 9 November 2020

Many Many Apologies

I am so sorry that I disappeared. I sincerely apologise for causing any concern. I've been busy with a deadline and other stuff has been happening, but I am fine and so is bear.

Bear is actually doing quite well. He got an early report (the school must be worried about further lockdowns) and he got some good remarks on 'attitude to learning' which was all at 'at expected level' or 'above expected level'. I'm really pleased about that. There have been some extremely tense moments over homework, so I'm glad that he is still showing well. His predicted grades (in just under three years time!) are reasonably awesome, but I'm more worried about how he's approaching his work. So far, so good. 


I've managed to get a walk or two in, as you can see above. And I've called in a few shops, as it's allowed during lockdown. Unfortunately, Aldi sell yarn as well as groceries and I fell for this.


True to form, I've abandoned the current blanket and started this, although I'm continuing with the blanket at home and just knitting the hat while waiting for bear at pick up time. The pattern is very straightforward so far. It's cast on 132 stitches, rib for 8cm, then broken rib for 17cm giving a total of 25cm, then purl two together all along. Then you cut a long length of yarn, run it along the stitches and gather together, before attaching the pompom. I'm cautiously optimistic of finishing it, so I'll share when I do.

In other, random, news, I found that not all coloured pencils are vegan. In fact, apparently hardly any are. I am not against veganism, or vegetarianism, but I'm not sure I could manage it 100%. You have to be so careful, and I get distracted easily. Gluten free is tough enough. 

Writing stuff - You can catch up with any of the short story stuff I did for Halloween here, I shall no doubt revisit a few old favourites next Halloween.

Hugs and good health to all, and sorry if I've upset anyone. 

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you are OK. Such worrying times! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, glad all is well. I presumed your deadline had gotten serious and the blog had to take a back seat You always seem to have such a lot going on anyway. Having worked in publishing most of my life I know what deadline pressure is like. I never missed a deadline but there were quite a few all-nighters and early starts involved. Hopefully you now have time for a few calming breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to see you back. I was getting quite worried. Helen in France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back! Love the foggy photos.

    ReplyDelete